Sorry for the delay in posting, i am currently between houses and this is the first chance i have had to sit down and type anything…mostly because i have been sent home from work, sick.
Anyway I won’t gross you all out with tales of my leaking face and terrible cough and tell you about dem dere eggs. Feast your eyes on one of the most simple yet impressive brunches you could make for guests or, if you are like me, just for yourself because I don’t play well with other children…
You will need;
Chopped ham or chorzio
Fresh, crusty bread
– In a saucepan very, very gently fry the chopped garlic, if you burn it start again because it will taste bitter and awful.
– Add in the tomato paste and let it cook out gently. You should always let tomato paste cook out else it too will taste bad
– Add the meat if you are using and coat in the garlic and tomato, add the chili if you are using then pour in the tinned tomatoes and season.
– Let this reduce down for a few minutes, i like my sauce quite thick, you might decide you like it a bit thinner, its all about taste.
– Once at your desired constancy pour the sauce into the ramekin/s (i can eat one tins worth of this for brunch, you may be less of a porker or more!) and then crack your eggs on top of the sauce and scatter some paprika on top.
– Bake at 180c for about 10/15 mins, keep checking to make sure you haven’t roasted the eggs into oblivion.
– Serve with a metric ton of warm, crusty, buttery bread for dipping, a pot of coffee and the latest episode of Sunday Brunch on the telly.